Friday, April 15, 2011

First Impression: Bugatti Veyron

I have seen many rare cars over the years and would like to share some of those cars with you.  I am starting a series called "First Impressions", where I give information about the cars I have seen and my thoughts on the cars.
Since graduating from college and moving back home to Houston, I have attended many local car events.  The first event was June 7, 2010, Classy Chassis: Concours d'Elegance, being held on the floor of Relient Stadium.  People from around the country bring and show off their unique cars.  A dealership from Dallas decided to bring a 2010 Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 Grand Sport.
A standard Veyron is a 4400lbs super car with a 8.0L W16 engine that produces 1001hp and has a top speed of 253 mph and it only takes 2.5 seconds for it to go from 0 to 60 mph.  The grand sport variant features a targa top.  With the top off, the Veyron can only go 229 mph. The price for this car is about $2 million.  When it came out in 2005, it was the fastest road-legal production car, dethroning the Koenigsegg CCR.  It held the title until the American Made SSC Ultimate Aero.
When I first saw the Veyron, I could not look away.  In a placed filled with Ferraris, Lambos, and Shelby Cobras, I could only focus on the Veyron.  I keep thinking that this is the only time I will ever see one.  This is the new standards for all modern cars.  I don't care if I would never drive one, I was content with just being in the presence of the Veyron.
The Bugatti Veyron was featured in Transformers: Cybertron.  It was the vehicle mode for Crosswise.  It has been featured in the Need for Speed series.  There are several videos on Youtube showing a guy drive a Veyron into a lake just north of Galveston. 
It has also made a few appearances on Top Gear.  Top Gear named the Veryon its car of the decade (2000-2009).  James May drove the car around the Volkswagen test track, reaching its top speed.  Jeremy Clarkson raced a plane from Italy to London and won.  Richard Hammond raced a McLaren F1 (driven by the Stig) and won.
Final Thought:  A lot of car for a lot of money.  There will never be a car like it.
CarJunkie
Photo taken from a camera phone

No comments:

Post a Comment