Friday, January 11, 2013

2012 Car Awards: Best Compact Car

One category I left out last year was for best compact car that came out in 2011. This year, there are a few compact cars that stood out in 2012. Out of the 16 cars I drove in 2012, over half were compact cars. The best car to come out in 2012 is...

Buick Verano

The Verano is one of the biggest surprises of 2012. The Verano is not the most stylish compact car on the road. The Dodge Dart has better styling than the Verano. The Verano has decent power for a compact car. The 2.4L I4 engine produces 178 hp and 171 lb-ft of torque. In late 2012, the Verano gained a turbocharged 2.0L I4 engine that produces 247 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque. A turbocharged Verano goes from 0 to 60 mph in 6.2 seconds while 2.4L Verano goes from 0 to 60 mph in 8.1 seconds. The Verano with the 2.4L engine has decent acceleration. The selling point for the Verano is its comfort. I drove a Verano at the 2012 Houston Auto Show while my dad was sitting in the back. He says he had more room in the Verano than in the BMW 3-Series. I was very comfortable behind the wheel. I had plenty of head room. The car was very smooth, especially on bumpy roads. The car also felt luxurious, with leather seats and a user-friendly center console. Prices for this comfortable compact car starts at under $24,000. That makes the Verano a great value and my pick for the best compact car to come out in 2012.

If you agree with my choice or think that another car that came out in 2012 deserves this award, please let me know in the comments below.

CarJunkie
Photo was taken by a digital camera.
To see more car related articles, check out http://carjunkie713.blogspot.com/.
Follow me on Twitter @CarJunkie713.

No comments:

Post a Comment